I don't make a habit of jogging with the girls anymore because I can easily exercise on my own time during the week while they're at school. But, they love to ride in the stroller and at least if I was pushing an extra 70 pounds, I would have a good excuse for running slower than usual.
As we strolled along the river, I thought about how I used to jog with them often on this same route when we first moved here and neither one was in school yet. That feels like so long ago.
The first time I ran the river with them after moving here I brought my camera along and captured some pictures of the city that are still some of my favorites. As I ran past the Parliament building Sunday morning, I paused and took a picture of my sweet girls in front of the ivy-covered wall. Just as I did over 3 years ago.
January 2009
May 2012 (in opposite order)
I'm glad Elizabeth and Emily are still such compatible stroller buddies but the picture confirms what my legs were telling me: these girls are too big for the stroller!

No comments:
Post a Comment