Sunday, May 6, 2012

Megan's Crazy Hair Day

As part of Spirit Week in the Intermediate School, Megan was supposed to wear crazy hair to school one day. We briefly discussed her options and she quickly decided she would like some BIG hair for the occasion. Given that Megan normally likes her hair as straight as possible, this would definitely be a drastic change. And I guess she remembered my 80s hair from the Duran Duran concert because she trusted that Mom knew exactly how to achieve the look.

We made several braids in her hair after her shower the previous night and she slept in them. In the morning, when we unbraided her hair, she was excited to see some serious crimping. A little teasing (ok, maybe more than a little!) and she was ready for Crazy Hair Day.


I found it comical that every helper we saw on the way to the bus that morning, including Joyce, commented on how pretty Megan's hair looked. I think she was beginning to worry that her style wasn't so crazy at all. Thankfully her classmates agreed that she looked quite bizarre compared to normal and I guess it's a sign that I'm getting older when a style that many girls wore back when I was in school is now considered outlandish.


No comments:

Post a Comment