Place: Santa Fe Tex-Mex. Location: Orchard Rd, Singapore. Stars: ** (2 of of more than 2, but did not make me sick)
Welcome Facebook followers for the Tex-Mex reviews. This one is a "Need Tex-Mex or going to Die" place. Not somewhere to go when wanting Mexican, but acceptable if NEEDING Mexican. There was an enchilada sauce on the quesadillas that tasted like BBQ sauce. Tortilla and everything was normal though. The queso was bad. Like a watery broccoli cheese soup. Flakes of green stuff and all. May try margarita and fajitas next time...if there is a next time.
Started the house hunting yesterday. Not bad, was what expected. Tough to find bath tubs though. I guess space constraints and water conservations efforts limits places with tubs. Some had none. One lady recommended I buy a plastic tub and fill with water for baths. "That is how most people do it in Singapore. Save water." I kindly told her I ain't from Singapore and we use tubs....scolding me about my water conservation is not going to encourage me to rent your place, and good day. This one had a tub, but inside the shower. So close!
There were some that were nice. The one I like most has about 2300 sq ft, a nice sized living/dining plus a smaller 8x8 or so area you could use as a play room. 4 beds and like 5 toilets. Again, who felt the need for this many toilets I am not sure. The place has a playground, huge pool, wading pool, lap pool and fitness center. It is pretty new and walking distance to grocery and trains. Going to take picts on Weds so stay tuned.
There were some that were nice. The one I like most has about 2300 sq ft, a nice sized living/dining plus a smaller 8x8 or so area you could use as a play room. 4 beds and like 5 toilets. Again, who felt the need for this many toilets I am not sure. The place has a playground, huge pool, wading pool, lap pool and fitness center. It is pretty new and walking distance to grocery and trains. Going to take picts on Weds so stay tuned.Here is a pict of my temp place. Reason I took was to show the mostly cloudless sky we had Sunday morn. Didn't come through too well on the cell camera though. I think this is the first time I saw blue sky.
Also mentioned to someone how suprised I was to see all the Christmas trees, decorations, etc. The locals laughed and said it is purely a commercial/retail holiday. Nothing religious. A time for all the stores to get you to buy lots of gifts for family but not celebrate Christ or anything. Reason for the season? Only $$$ in Singapore.
Also talked about getting on trains. Here is a pict of the action:

I took this as the train was pulling up and everybody was running to the doors. Brandon also confirmed this is the case in India.
Also included a video of the TVs between stations. Not sure how this will work to view on Blogger. The tv part starts at around 30 secs. They basically have installed some distance of LCD or LED panels along the inside of the train tube. As the train goes by, they display images on the panels at the same speed the train is traveling. So as you travel 40-50mph down the tracks, the image outside the train is also moving at the same speed so it looks like the image is standing still. Pretty weird.
That is it for now. Will post some apt picts and give some local Obama insight (as requested by a faithful blog follower) tomorrow.

plastic tubs for bathtime? that sounds like my town!
ReplyDeleteYeah, nobody does Texas like Texas. I went to a Texas steakhouse in Sweden... it was like a Twilight Zone episode. If that really was beef, the cows must be sick.
ReplyDelete