I am walked out. I have walked everywhere for 2 weeks. Add on the jogging to prepare for the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot and my legs are dead. Plan to sit around all day Sunday.
Have an appointment Monday with a realtor where I will get to see what my housing allowance buys. The policy states $xxx if you are buy yourself and $xxx + some if you are accompanied. The policy doesn’t specify if you are accompanied by a spouse or a spouse and 3 kids. We’ll see.
Have an appointment Monday with a realtor where I will get to see what my housing allowance buys. The policy states $xxx if you are buy yourself and $xxx + some if you are accompanied. The policy doesn’t specify if you are accompanied by a spouse or a spouse and 3 kids. We’ll see.
Some picts from the last few days:
No smoking, no food, no leggless ostriches(?), no littering on the train. Not sure what that thing is. Glad the ostrich my project provided has legs though. It is convenient to ride when just going on short trips.


Cool bridge over the river at my current apartment:

Looks like a basic car parked on the street, but is actually a rare $80k Nissan GT-R. How rare? I have seen probably 12 Ferarris in Singapore and only 1 of these. Maybe this picture is more for me.

Going to finish my Top 10 List of Singapore Annoyances:
5. Changing Road Names – Many…I dare say most…roads change names at every major intersections. I work at 8 Shenton Way. You take Nicoll Highway to Esplanade Drive to Raffles Quay to Shenton Way….but you never turned. It is all the same road. Guess they like to confuse the out-of-towners.
4. Crowds – Lots of folks. Everywhere. All the time. Sidewalks, restaurants, buses, trains, you name it. I am not going to help this problem by bringing 5 of us to the island. Luckily we are pretty skinny folks.
3. Funk – A downside of combining the early crowd item and earlier humidity item. Not all cultures use deodorant, but they should. Some should wear more than others.
2. Getting on trains and elevators – They don’t let folks off before they try to get on. When doors open on the train, the folks just start pushing their way on. It is not like they are not told. There are lines on the ground pointing in from the sides and out from the middle. The top of the doors state “Let existing passengers pass” and there are billboards in the train stations encouraging this. Must be a culture thing. Can’t wait to have a double stroller so I can change this when I get off the trains.

1. Being away from my love – I miss Mary and can’t wait for us to be together again!
Stick around for next time when I talk about watching TV during the train ride. I will try to get a video of it this weekend. It is pretty crazy.

Going to finish my Top 10 List of Singapore Annoyances:
5. Changing Road Names – Many…I dare say most…roads change names at every major intersections. I work at 8 Shenton Way. You take Nicoll Highway to Esplanade Drive to Raffles Quay to Shenton Way….but you never turned. It is all the same road. Guess they like to confuse the out-of-towners.
4. Crowds – Lots of folks. Everywhere. All the time. Sidewalks, restaurants, buses, trains, you name it. I am not going to help this problem by bringing 5 of us to the island. Luckily we are pretty skinny folks.
3. Funk – A downside of combining the early crowd item and earlier humidity item. Not all cultures use deodorant, but they should. Some should wear more than others.
2. Getting on trains and elevators – They don’t let folks off before they try to get on. When doors open on the train, the folks just start pushing their way on. It is not like they are not told. There are lines on the ground pointing in from the sides and out from the middle. The top of the doors state “Let existing passengers pass” and there are billboards in the train stations encouraging this. Must be a culture thing. Can’t wait to have a double stroller so I can change this when I get off the trains.

1. Being away from my love – I miss Mary and can’t wait for us to be together again!
Stick around for next time when I talk about watching TV during the train ride. I will try to get a video of it this weekend. It is pretty crazy.
Was there any buzz around the US elections?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe mass push when boarding must be a customs thing in that part of the world. It was the same way in India for the elevators at the tech park and all of the lines at the airport.
ReplyDelete