Did some regular living stuff today. Went for a jog this morning and skipped out of work a bit early to hit the grocery store this evening. Was pretty normal: same old peanut butter, Quaker granola bars, Jack Links beef jerky, Old El Paso taco kits, etc. Yes they have fish heads and frozen octopus, but you can just walk by that stuff on the way to the Doritos if you want. It was also on the 2nd floor of an office building. Weird. Take the escalator up from the lobby and Voila! grocery store. Beer seemed expensive though. Was about 3 locals for a can...which equates to about $2 US. That is at the grocery store, warm.
Another peculiarity about my apt (in addition to the on/off power sockets discussed before) is that it has too many thermostats. The first day I adjusted one down, but then the bedroom was cold so adjusted it back up. When I came home the living room was warm but the bedroom was still cold. So I started looking and found another thermostat in the bedroom.....and one in the kitchen...and one in the other bedroom. Remember I have about 800 sq ft of space here but 4 thermostats. I can literally stand in the hall and see 3 of them by turning in a circle. Probably a union thing.
Paid Megan's school registration fee of S$3500 today. Since Elizabeth will enroll there for pre-school next year, I will also pay the fee to register her to get on the list....which can get to be 2 years long they say. This is on top of the S$12k for kindergarten and S$6k for pre-school. They are totally catering to the Ex-Pat expense accounts with these costs. They even asked today when I called "will this be paid by your US based company"? Nice.
Thinking about it, not sure it rained today....but there are still a few hours left!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment