Flight over wasn't too bad. I only watched 2 movies in addition to eating multi-course meals so I must have gotten some sleep during the 22 hours. Got to check out Get Smart and Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. Don't know why never saw these with Mary... There were only 122 movies to chose from. I spent most of the flight reading the TV guide magazine about all the movies.
Food on Singapore Air consisted of some things I could identify, most things I could not. Small tapas sized portions, but you eat a meal, sit for 12 hours and eat another meal, not much calorie burning going on there. Add in Hagaan-Daz ice cream, Snickers bars and bags of chips and this could put some weight on you real quick!
Took some notes on the trip to make the family's journey over as smooth as possible....or at least not any more miserable! Tips on luggage carts, airline club changing rooms, etc. I was able to check my bag on American at DFW all the way to Singapore (and it made it here) so that will help us lots during the terminal change in LA.
Yahoo forcast for Singapore for the last 2 weeks has said "Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms" pretty much every day. Well today it was sunny in the morn, thundered around 3pm but never rained. Now it is 5pm and little cloudy, but not rain cloudy.
Apt is nicely udpated 2 bed 2 bath with a kitchen. Small. Combo washer/drier but no dishwasher. If only Mary was here then I would have one just like my European flats! Here is a pict of the living room:

I didn't realize it was "serviced" daily so I started unpacking all my stuff this morn before I left for work. When I returned I realized they had cleaned up all around my stuff. Oops.
Been mainlining coffee since 8am so going to now go to bed. Hope to get a chance to check out more of the city in the coming days.
Impressed and very happy to see you'll be journaling this experience! I'll travel with you while sitting here in TN.
ReplyDeleteHow's the time change affecting you?