Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 2

Well if you read yesterday’s post about the clouds but no rain, I was wrong. It rained. I guess you can’t accurately predict weather when you live in a city of high-rises and only see a sliver of the sky from your window. I only rained for maybe an hour. That seems to be a trend. Today it was around 2pm for an hour. It sure does thunder loud though. Guess maybe it rattles off all the buildings. Megan will love it.

Woke up in the middle of the night because I went to bed at 6pm yesterday. That is like 4am Central so stayed up pretty late actually. But I was HUNGRY. This is what I found in my pantry:




It is like a giant seafood Cup-o-Soup. As hungry as I was, I was not that hungry. There was also a small can of Pringles I opted for instead. I will save it for the kids as a welcoming meal. They can share it.

Also tried to watch some TV since there is not much going on at 2am. The living room has cable so CNN, BBC, Nickelodeon, HBO, ESPN, etc. But the bedroom does not. It has about 6 channels, 1 of which is English. You think they would pick the “best-of” American TV to show on the 1 channel? No. I got to watch the end of an old Ellen show followed by 1980s BJ and the Bear about the truck driver with the chimp. Who picks this stuff?

Another quirk: most (all?) electrical outlets here have on/off switches on the plug. Maybe you are thinking “that is a good idea, keeps kids from getting that Asian 220v of lightening shooting through them”. But to me, soon as my kids learn they can flip the switch and the switch then lights up, they will be more interested in playing with the 220 plugs than the boring unlit 110 we have in the States! Not sure that was thought through completely.

That’s it for today. It is after 8pm so I need to be getting to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment