Thursday, October 13, 2011

The End of a Decade

I celebrated the last birthday of my 30s last week and getting older is much more enjoyable with an entire weekend devoted to pampering and festivities!

My girlfriends helped me kick off the fiesta Friday night as we enjoyed riverside margaritas and live music at Jai's place. Tex-Mex fare is normally not too great here but Cafe Iguana treated us well that night and their margaritas were delicious. And I guess I've lived in Singapore long enough to know it wouldn't feel like my birthday until Jai sang for me.  It was a great start to the weekend.
 Margaritas!
Happy Birthday to Me

On Saturday, my actual birthday, our family checked in at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and spent the afternoon splashing in the rooftop infinity pool on the 57th floor. As we approached the hotel, Elizabeth asked, "is that our hotel -- the one with the hot dog across the top?" Watching the girls swim all afternoon while I lounged poolside was a perfect gift.
Megan and Elizabeth
Much safer than it appears
Dean Girls at the Pool

Late afternoon Brian took the girls home and when he returned to the hotel with a bottle of bubbly, we were ready for our evening together at the Sands. What a birthday treat!

 View From Our Room

We dined at Cut, Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant, and we agreed it was our best steak dinner to date here. Of course, the chocolate soufflé may have influenced my opinion....
 SoufflĂ© for One :)

After strolling around Marina Bay and checking out the new enormous Louis Vuitton "island" store in the bay, our evening was complete. I suppose that may be a sign of my age -- I'm delighted if I can celebrate and still be in bed before midnight.
 Looking Up from the Bay

Life is Good at 39

I slept in Sunday morning, enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the hotel and returned home to three excited girls by lunchtime. The entire weekend was the perfect mix of friends, family and time alone with Brian. I'm thankful for everyone near and far who made my 39th birthday a great one and especially my hubby who made me feel so special. I didn't feel a bit older this year, until I woke up exhausted on Monday morning! At least I have almost a year to prepare for the big one...

No comments:

Post a Comment