Saturday, August 7, 2010

Forever in Blue Jeans

That was my favorite Neil Diamond song when I was a child and the title is appropriate because I love wearing jeans. These days, I don't see my jeans often. It's too hot and humid in Singapore for denim and if you dare wear it, you'll be prying the material off your legs every time you stand up. It's not pleasant.

However, we had some unusually cool weather last week and I was able to wear jeans out both weekend nights. I was giddy with excitement over this wardrobe change! When I was waiting for the bus Friday afternoon, feeling a cool breeze on a rainy day, I swore I would wear jeans if I went out that night. After all, when it's only 76 degrees during the day here, one has to take advantage of that!

I ended up meeting Brian at Morton's for a late dinner and while normally I would wear a dress to such a nice restaurant, I stuck with my plan and happily dressed up my denim instead. Saturday evening we went to the movies to see "Inception" (pretty entertaining, by the way) so I splurged and wore jeans again since the theater is the one place you can safely assume will be cold. Thankfully it was another nice evening and I was comfortable even when we went to Clark Quay afterwards for dinner.

These are the rare treats a girl gets excited about when living near the equator. And yes, I am already looking forward to packing jeans for Japan at Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment