While I look forward to the wide aisles, huge carts and cheap products at the grocery store back home, I have to admit that when my days in Singapore are done, I will miss the little surprises that I occasionally find at the store here.
Today I strolled with Emily to a different store about a 15-minute walk from our condo. Friends who live on the north side of town frequent the Fair Price stores because the prices are lower than Cold Storage (my regular spot). So, we went on a scouting trip.
They lacked a few items we needed, like Bounce dryer sheets, but for the most part, I could definitely shop there more often. While browsing through the aisles, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this on the shelf in front of me...
Of all the products from home that would be a glorious sight at the store, why is the "National Beer of Texas" available in Singapore? If you are going to export a Texas beer, let's try Shiner instead!
The store was running a special - 3 cans for S$4.55. Of course I bought them because I knew Brian would be amused. Now he can drink Lone Star without losing his slender figure. :)
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment