Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Elizabeth Ballerina

If you ask Elizabeth what she wants to be when she grows up, her answer is, "Angelina Ballerina." After receiving the same answer multiple times over the past few months, I finally shared with Elizabeth that if she wants to be a ballerina, she should take dance lessons. So, Elizabeth has been attending dance class on Thursday evenings for the past couple months and is thoroughly enjoying it. So far she doesn't seem to mind that they aren't really focusing specifically on ballet!

While I was shopping in Hong Kong, I was trying to think of the perfect gifts to bring back for each of the girls. Megan loves jewelry so that was easy. Emily loves shoes so that wasn't difficult to find. Elizabeth loves the idea of being a ballerina. So, I bought her the prettiest ballerina tutu I could find. Angelina Ballerina wears a pink tutu but I preferred the white version and hoped Elizabeth would approve.

She has worn her new tutu every day after school while dancing around the living room. I suspect she will also want to wear it to dance class tomorrow. It warms my heart to see my beautiful ballerina so delighted with her new ensemble. I love when the simplest items can bring so much enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment