Winter has left the island and spring forgot to show up because the weather has gone from pleasant to unbelievably hot practically overnight. I seem to recall a taxi driver telling me that winter ends at Chinese New Year and that was certainly true this year.
I read in the local paper today that February was the driest month ever in Singapore. We only had 6.3mm (.25 inches) of rain last month. It rained so seldom that it was a cherished event the few times we saw the wet stuff.
Apparently the El Nino effect that has dumped snow all over the United States is also to blame for our unusually hot and dry weather in this part of the world. Singapore recorded a high temperature of 35.2° C (95° F) at the end of February. Trust me, that's unbearable in the tropics. After all, even if we're not getting the rain, we still have the humidity. If this is a sign of things to come the next few months, I may need a sweater when we visit Texas in June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment