Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bitten Again

The travel bug has struck again in the Dean home and I'm excited to see a few trips posted on the spring calendar.

Spring Break occurs in late March and we are taking advantage of the week off from school to finally set foot in Malaysia. We are spending 5 days in Langkawi, an island on the western side of Malaysia. We've heard positive things about it so it seemed like a good introduction to our neighboring country. After a short 1-hour flight, we'll spend the week exploring the lush island and enjoying the beach. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery since we haven't traveled since early January.

After the family vacation, I'm thrilled at the prospect of traveling light for a girls' weekend in early April. I am joining a few girlfriends from playgroup for a long weekend in Bangkok. That city holds a spot on my "would love to visit but not with my young daughters" list, so it's a perfect destination for a weekend getaway. I look forward to a couple days of shopping, eating and enjoying girl time in a unique Asian city.

Our biggest trek in the near future will involve a less exotic place...Home! We will fly to Dallas on June 17th and stay until July 18th before returning to Singapore. I initially considered staying a week or two longer than Brian but he was able to get a month away from his project, so we felt it was best to keep our family together. It will feel good to spend time in our Texas home while visiting friends and extended family we haven't seen in many months, including our brand new nephew Holden! It's hard to believe it will have been 18 months since we left. I think it's taken about that long for me to not dread the long flight to get us back there.

I continue to feel blessed for the opportunity to explore this corner of the world and I look forward to sharing pictures and stories from the road this spring before we spend our summer vacation in the Lone Star State.

No comments:

Post a Comment