We're slowly making progress with our apartment. We check out of the hotel Friday so that will motivate me to finish the necessary chores at the new place. Nothing like a deadline to get me going! Honestly I'm reluctant to leave my little oasis in Singapore just yet. Daily maid service (they wash our dishes too), free breakfast downstairs with a playroom for the girls. The kids play with the other expat family while we moms enjoy coffee and chat. Life is easier than it will be when we first move into our permanent place.
Yesterday the girls and I met Brian at the furniture rental place and picked out additional items, now that we had the chance to see firsthand how the initial pieces fit in the apt. Overall I'm pleased with the amount of stuff we're able to get with our allowance. Brian and I desperately need a dresser. Actually, we need about 3 dressers! I can't imagine how we're going to fit all our clothes in the space we have but I'm sure we'll manage. I also picked out the fabric for our sofa and chair. I chose the "Dallas" style sofa - it just seemed appropriate! I'm a little nervous about the fabric I picked - I opted to go a little more bold than I normally would, but then again, if I don't like it, I'll only have to live with it for 18 months anyway.
For three consecutive days I've been telling the girls that we would do our errands in the AM and swim after naps. Every day it has been sunny with big puffy clouds in the morning and raining when we wake up from naps so I guess we'll need to rearrange our outdoor schedule. Yesterday we took most of the bedding to the apartment and I was able to get Elizabeth's and the master bed all set. I encountered an unforeseen issue with Megan's bed. It's a single bed (twin) so I bought sheets for that size. Unfortunately it's a "super single" or "king-single" which means that it's longer than a regular single. Her bedding was all too short. So, our errand for this morning was to go back to Plaza Singapura and exchange them. Oh, that would have been too easy! The particular store I shopped at doesn't carry duvets in the super single size AND they don't do cash refunds. So I had to scramble around the store (with 2 out of 3 children terrorizing each other in the stroller) hunting for something else I might need to equal S$100 in the store. What a pain. I was at least able to buy a fitted sheet that fits her bed, so she'll have the bare minimum until I can find a complete set in that size elsewhere.
I'm beginning to lose my patience with attempting to set up a home with 3 children in tow. They're sick of shopping and while I can't blame them, I need to get the basics done to move in. The hotel does offer babysitting services so it's possible I will be checking that out later in the week to avoid pulling all my hair out!
My last big errand involves grocery shopping to stock our kitchen. The major stores offer free delivery with a minimum purchase, so I'm going to check out that option. Anything that makes life a little easier is worth trying, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness...while I was pregnant with Gage we were building and lived in a hotel. I LOVED IT! I look back on that time so fondly. Being in a smaller space saves you so much time. My bathroom for getting ready was 20 feet from the high chair where Carter ate breakfast! :) Oh and the housekeeping! Ohhhh....
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine the logistics of all of this BUT it looks beautiful based on what I have seen. I can't wait to see more. What a cool experience for your family!!!
ReplyDelete