After what feels like an eternity of planning and preparation, the Deans finally made the trip to Singapore. Having never been in the air for 20+ hours myself, it was hard to imagine how the family would endure such a trip and I'm happy to report that we made it through just fine - we didn't even have to break out the narcotic cough syrup or Benedryl!
The first leg of the trip to LAX was the most challenging. Emily was little Miss High Maintenance (she got pretty vocal every time we were not entertaining her to her liking) while Megan and Elizabeth spent about 2 minutes on each activity in their backpacks. Brian and I were beginning to dread the level of boredom that would occur on the long flight.After a comfortable layover at LAX, we boarded our Singapore Air flight. Within 5 minutes, we had at least 4 flight attendants who tended to our every need throughout the flight. They addressed us by name..."Mrs. Dean, would you like for Emily to have her table set for dinner now?" It was great.
The seats were enormous -- we could easily sit with each girl in their seat and still have plenty of room to spare. We all had our own little "pods" with a lay-flat seat and large tv screen. Needless to say, we all could get used to traveling this way more often. It felt a little bit like an RV in the sky since you could turn your seat into a bed, pull out a big table from your armrest, etc. I also have to share that the flight attendants were easily the most beautiful I have ever seen! And it was sickening to find that after 17 hours on the plane, their hair and makeup still looked impeccable while I'm covered in bits of donuts and granola bars complete with glasses and nice slick bedhead.
The seats were enormous -- we could easily sit with each girl in their seat and still have plenty of room to spare. We all had our own little "pods" with a lay-flat seat and large tv screen. Needless to say, we all could get used to traveling this way more often. It felt a little bit like an RV in the sky since you could turn your seat into a bed, pull out a big table from your armrest, etc. I also have to share that the flight attendants were easily the most beautiful I have ever seen! And it was sickening to find that after 17 hours on the plane, their hair and makeup still looked impeccable while I'm covered in bits of donuts and granola bars complete with glasses and nice slick bedhead.
We had no idea our children could eat as much food as they did during the travel, especially Emily. She just kept shoveling food in and since it kept her happy, we didn't stop her! I took a pic of her dining on fish sticks while watching Nemo on her tv screen. Rough life for the 16-month old. All three girls slept for about 8 hours (midnight to 8am Dallas time) so that was a nice surprise. Although poor little Elizabeth was just exhausted by the time we loaded the van to head to our hotel in Singapore.
Undoubtedly it will take a few days to adjust to local time, but at least we managed to get here comfortably. I'll post more later and share our activities from Day 1 in our new city!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete