The day we have been preparing for has arrived. Today is air shipment packing day. The movers arrived at 9am and will spend the entire day here. After organizing and itemizing all the items in the shipment, I'll be happy when it's all out of the house and on its way to DFW Airport. It feels good to finally make some visible progress in the move.
While we don't fly out until June 16th, we opted to pack the air shipment today because it's the girls' last full day of school. I figured this process would go more smoothly without three girls observing and because the air shipment can take 2 to 3 weeks to reach its destination, we hope our early packing date will result in our stuff waiting for us when our family arrives at the end of June.
By movers' standards, Brian's company provides an extremely generous air shipment and we're thankful that most of the contents in our home will travel by air rather than via cargo ship. After all, our furniture truly will be taking the slow boat from (nearly) China with a transit time of approximately 8 weeks.
I always generally thought that our most valuable items were left in storage in Dallas but when the movers began packing this morning, I realized that we have acquired some things here that I would be sad to have damaged or lost along the way. I pray our belongings make it across the globe intact so we can enjoy having those pieces as reminders of our time here.
In the meantime, it looks like we will be eating finger foods for the next 11 days, as we have about 3 forks for the entire family...ah, the joys of moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment