I was so excited when I discovered that Amy, along with Ivy, Karen and Kim, had reserved a 45-foot catamaran for an evening dinner cruise around Singapore's neighboring islands. Words cannot describe how touched I was to arrive at the marina on a Sunday evening to spend the night with 21 girlfriends cruising, drinking champagne and wine, enjoying a delicious dinner and just relishing being together one last time.
I cherish the friends I made during my time in Singapore. Those friendships also make it a little easier to leave because I know that we will keep in touch (thanks to Facebook), and that at some point, just about everyone else (aside from those Brits!) will make their way back to the US. We have shared a unique experience here that no one else can fully understand.
When I look at all the pictures taken during the cruise long after I'm back at home, I hope they will remind me of how much fun I had with these women -- neighbors, school and playgroup friends, Pilates participants, book club members and fellow running mates who pounded the pavement together each week. Each one of them contributed to making my time here richer and more enjoyable than I ever imagined.
I will also hold a special place in my heart for my friend Kim who invited me last spring to join the running group she was organizing. Being a part of that group made the past year my favorite on the island. I can only hope that her vibrant, inclusive personality rubbed off on me enough to help me forge new friendships back in Texas. Heck, I'd be happy to find a couple ladies who will run with me!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the evening with these beautiful friends, inside and out...
Champagne with the Hostesses:
Ivy, Amy, Kim and Karen
All the Lovely Ladies!
With Meghan and Elizabeth
Texas Girls - Ivy and Me
The Pilates Girls - Vesna (instructor and friend) and Jeri Ann
Cruising into the Night with
Peta, Shema, Elizabeth, Jen and Monica
Amy mastered the delicate art of pouring wine on a rocking boat
The captain wisely planned to pass Sentosa Island during the fireworks display
Thank you, dear Singapore friends, for the perfect farewell!








No comments:
Post a Comment