On the first day of Fall Break, while observing Elizabeth and Emily play dress-up together, I casually mentioned to Brian that if we were discussing who would share rooms today, I would make a different decision. While Megan and Elizabeth were fine roommates, big sister was definitely showing signs of wanting her own space. About 5 minutes after I made this comment, we were undergoing a room shuffle. Needless to say, all parties were enthusiastic about a switch and I was left wondering what happened to my relaxing day!
Megan now has the queen bed and separate bath to herself. Elizabeth moved up in the bunk bed and has little sister Emily below her now. The arrangement is working out well so far since the E girls have much in common with their tastes in toys and play activities. Megan certainly seems to be enjoying her privacy and ability to crawl into bed with a book or her iPod without being disturbed. Other than the need to visit Ikea again to contain more of Megan's stuff, the transition has gone well!
I'm delighted that all three girls were excited about the new arrangement and that the E Girls get along well enough now to make it happen!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment