Elizabeth's Pre-K class went on a local field trip this morning to the Woodlands wet market to buy ingredients to prepare a special Thanksgiving soup. Since I was up at school with her yesterday for the book fair and will return tomorrow for Megan's class Thanksgiving luncheon, I opted to not chaperone this particular trip.
When Elizabeth arrived home on the bus, she excitedly told me she was able to bring home something from the market. I expected a piece of fruit so imagine my surprise when she presented me with a dead fish! I asked her what she planned to do with her fish and Elizabeth plainly stated, "I'm going to keep him in the bag for 2 days, then eat him." She was intrigued by his smooth scales and carried him around the house until Emily took one look at him and declared, "He stinks!"
I was curious how Elizabeth ended up bringing home a fish and the story became clear when I found this note from Elizabeth's teacher, Ms. Kaye:
"Apologies in advance for the fish coming home tonight. The fish monger was enchanted by your daughter who in turn was enchanted with the fish. He gave Elizabeth the fish to take away hence you are the lucky recipient!"
The fish has a new home in a tupperware in the refrigerator where he will remain until tomorrow. Then he will make a quick escape through the trash chute. I'm glad Elizabeth had a memorable field trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment