Monday, September 6, 2010

Emily's Back at School

After hearing about her sisters' school days for the past few weeks, Emily started back at Blue House Nursery today. As I mentioned before, her school has temporarily relocated so Emily was able to experience riding a bus for the first time.

While other children cried for their parents from their bus seats, Emily was oblivious to the drama. Her face was beaming with excitement over her new adventure on wheels. It was a positive start to her school day.

No, I'm not pleased that our little girl now has a bus commute to school but when we were able to tour the new location at Open House on Saturday, I felt much better about the situation. The new facility is so much larger than the other building and the children will have larger classrooms and outdoor areas for exploration. With the lush surroundings, I wonder how long it will be before Emily spots a monkey from the playground.

Now that she's 3 years old, Emily joins the older children at the school for the first time this session and she will attend school daily from 9am - noon. So, for the first time in 5 years, our house will be empty in the mornings. I spent my first morning sans children going out for breakfast along the river with Brian, so I think I'll adjust okay. I'm happy my little one is still home for lunch every day though.

Emily arrived back home as happy as when she left this morning and told me a little about her first day. Her new teacher, Ms. Barbara, called me this afternoon and shared that Emily had a great time and played well with her classmates. Emily is off to a great start for the new school term!

No comments:

Post a Comment