Brian and I had both been able to visit the park at earlier dates so we knew ahead of time which rides and shows the girls would likely enjoy. And since we knew Emily would be too small for most of the rides, we asked Delia to join us and watch Emily so Brian and I could participate with the bigger girls. That arrangement worked out well and the entire family had a great afternoon.
The park isn't too large so it's very manageable with small children. We spent most of our time in the Madagascar and Shrek areas. We rode a merry-go-round filled with the Madagascar characters and then rode a small (but pretty good!) roller coaster in Far Far Away land. Megan thought that ride was awesome because it made her feel dizzy afterwards.
Madagascar
Far Far Away
We also went to a Shrek 4D movie where you watch a movie in what appears to be a traditional theater. The seats are anything but ordinary though because you get sprayed with water, bumped up and down and brushed with pretend spiders on your legs while watching a short 3D Shrek movie. Emily was a little freaked out by the action at first but made it through okay and actually wore her 3D glasses. Elizabeth LOVED it and I took her back for a second showing later in the day.
Megan's Favorite Shrek Character - Puss in Boots
Megan's Being Eaten by a Fossil
Dinosaur Ride
The biggest roller coaster, Battlestar Gallactica, isn't operating these days, so I'm sure people with older kids are holding out for it to re-open. I have no idea what happened with that ride because it was completed and running when the park first opened but has since stopped. And, of course, in a country where the government owns the media, we'll never know the real story there.
The Dean family had a great time at the park and I'm sure we'll go back again sometime before we leave Singapore for good. The entrance fees are too steep to visit often but it was fun to take the girls. It felt like we were on vacation walking around the theme park but it was a mere 15-minute drive from home. We're happy to have another family attraction nearby!
No comments:
Post a Comment