Lately it seems that Emily has an aversion to our home. She is fixated on the idea of going "bye bye" and when we're on our way home after being out, she will share, "I no wanna go home." So, until she is enrolled in school with a busier schedule, I've been doing my best to keep us both entertained and out of the house. In the process I have noticed how Emily is growing into a big girl.
My outings with Emily normally start after Elizabeth leaves for school late morning. This week, Emily wanted to ride her tricycle by the river so we set out on a riding adventure. I couldn't believe how far her little legs took her and she loved "going fast" when she rode under the bridges. After finally returning home due to thirst, we headed to the pool to cool off. Thankfully Emily is beginning to put her face in the water and blow bubbles so maybe swim lessons won't be too traumatic for her this fall.

Yesterday after gym class we met Daddy at his office for lunch. Traveling to the Business District is great fun because we take the 5-minute trip in a taxi and that's exciting for a 2 1/2-year old. I stowed the stroller in the trunk and off we went. After meeting up with Brian, we walked a couple streets over to our lunch spot and Emily held her daddy's hand the entire time while I pushed an empty stroller. In the end, I could have left the stroller at home because our little girl loves to walk instead and has a pretty quick pace.
It's beginning to sink in that in the not-too-distant future, diaper bags and strollers will no longer be daily necessities. So, maybe next time Emily and I have an outing (today?) I will leave the stroller at home and enjoy the feeling of traveling light with my lively companion. I'm happy to entertain Emily's desire to be on the go when she acts like such a little lady.
No comments:
Post a Comment