Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Memories from Down Under

In case you've wondered what a Singaporean housewife does to keep herself entertained, the answer lately would be, "Why, I play with my new Mac, of course!" I have spent most of my free time in the evenings exploring the new laptop and viewing tutorials to learn more about the cool features I didn't have on the old PC.

My latest project involved an application that allows me to create movies from video clips and still pictures, complete with background music. I wanted to try it out so I made good use of our Australia pictures. After a couple evenings of playing around, I'm ready to share my first production. It's almost 5 minutes long and certainly nothing professional but I had a great time with it and the girls enjoyed watching the finished product. They quickly identified the background music too! It gives me hope that with some practice, I might be able to do something similar with those short video clips we take with our digital camera. If nothing else, I found another creative outlet for family pictures.

If you're curious how we got such amazing underwater pictures, the company we used for our snorkel tour took those shots for us while we were out that day. They're not just stock photos I took off the web! I'm so glad we have those pictures because they capture the beauty of what we saw on the reef.

Click on the link below and I hope you enjoy the show!

Memories of Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment