After watching Brian train and compete in three triathlons over the past 18 months, I've decided to join him for the next one. Yes, I'm officially insane. Actually it's not so bad. We are starting to train for the Tribob Sprint Triathlon held in Singapore on May 2nd. The format is: swim 750 m (.5 mi), bike 20 km (12 mi) and run 5 km (3 mi). I don't really have any time goals - just finishing it will be an accomplishment! Mostly I'm praying for injury-free training so we can compete as planned.
We will train 6 days each week for the next 15 weeks and while each training session usually doesn't exceed 45 minutes, I expect that the cumulative effect will make for a tired, aching body. I don't want to give up my twice-weekly Pilates class either so I'll get a double workout on those days. Brian and I will not compete together because men and women start at different times but we'll spend plenty of time together while training. Time will tell if this is beneficial for our marriage or not! :) I'll keep you posted on our progress...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment