Well folks, I am back! After providing the first rambling posts from Singapore to this blog in 2008, I will close it out over the next few weeks as I wrap up in Singapore. Over the next few weeks you can expect me to blog about laundry, shopping and other mundane tasks that are never boring when a guy tries to do them alone in Asia!
The place is looking pretty sparse as anything we wanted, or of any value was shipped back to the US. Before we left I acquired a roommate whose family also moved back home (Australia) while he finishes the project. We have worked together since Day 1 so he was a known entity. Yesterday we started talking about what to do with all the stuff left in the apartment. He said he had good luck on eBay and Craigslist selling his old stuff so we started taking pictures. We posted the stuff tonight so will see what happens.
Been here long enough to need to run the dishwasher now. I am capable of loading it up, but then came the detergent question. Mark and I discussed by the maids room: there was the ziplock bag of white powder with blue specks or the plastic tub with a measuring spoon and a white powder, no specks. With a helper, the dishwasher didn't get much use. I can honestly say I did not put a thing in the dish or clothes washer for 3.5 years. I voted for the blue specks because it smelled "clean". Mark said it was either detergent or rat bait, and I would know when I ate breakfast off the plates tomorrow! Stay tuned for hopefully more posts.....
Speaking of washing stuff, if you are new to the blog (after 2008) or just would like a good laugh, you should go back and check out the first posts of my arrival in Singers. It is quite amusing! You can read about my early multi-day attempts at laundry, legless ostriches on the train, hamburger buns with a bean curd surprise, etc. Good stuff!
I'm pleased to report that during a FaceTime chat, I was able to confirm that the questionable powder was, indeed, dishwasher detergent. :)
ReplyDelete