Thursday evening, the last night of "just us two," I took Emily out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. She was amazed at the selection of cheesecakes on display. I was amazed at the cheap kids' meal prices. We had a nice meal together and as we shared our slice of cheesecake for dessert, I asked Emily what she would like to do for her 5th birthday next month.
Realistically, it won't be much of a birthday celebration because her daddy probably won't be around and neither will her grandma. And she doesn't have any friends here yet. After Emily rambled details about a swim party with a mermaid-shaped cake, I suggested that maybe we could take a little trip this year to celebrate. She thought about it for a moment and said, "That sounds like fun, Mommy. How about we go to Bali? That was a nice place."
Sea World in San Antonio doesn't sound quite as appealing anymore.
Beautiful in Bali
No comments:
Post a Comment