With the favorable weather, I have felt the urge to do some gardening but condo life doesn't offer much opportunity for that hobby. I did, however, buy a few new flowering plants this weekend to add color to our balcony. Emily joined me at the plant nursery and helped me choose pink and purple bougainvillea shrubs and some marigolds. Bougainvilleas hold a special place in my heart because I was first introduced to those gorgeous plants on our honeymoon in St. John. They grow like mad here as well, providing rich color along most roads on the island.
In addition to our new flowers, Elizabeth received a small greenhouse for Christmas and planted her seeds this weekend in hopes of growing some plants of her own on the balcony.
It's been wonderful to spend more time outside without the perspiration. I'll relish spring while it lasts - which is likely about 2 more weeks!
Part of Our Flower Garden - Balcony Style
No comments:
Post a Comment