The moment we entered Mrs. Buxton's classroom, it was clear that our child was no longer in Primary school. While the room was spacious and still offered cozy sofas and chairs for reading time, it felt much more like a real class room where serious work would be done. No more playing around in 3rd grade! I immediately had a positive feeling about Megan's teacher, who is new to Singapore this year. She and her husband are both teachers and while they recently moved from North Carolina, they have taught internationally in the past. Megan was disappointed that her good friend Lane is not in her class again this year, although with her starting her 4th school year at SAS, she already knew quite a few students in her class.
All divisions except the Primary school started on Monday, August 15th, so Megan was up bright and early to catch the bus up to the Woodlands. We are thankful that the morning bus doesn't pick up at our place until nearly 7am this year. Ten extra minutes makes a huge difference that early in the morning!
Megan had a great first day and while she was certainly tired, she definitely enjoyed seeing her friends again and getting back into the school routine. When she arrived home that afternoon, I asked her if she had met anyone new in her class. Her response: "Well, the boys sitting next to me kept asking me questions but I didn't really talk to them otherwise." I'm sure Brian hopes she maintains this attitude well into her high school years.
Megan's First Day of 3rd Grade (PE Uniform)
While Megan was starting 3rd grade, her younger sisters were busy with teacher orientations. The primary school starts two days later to allow teachers to schedule personal meeting times with parents and children. Brian and I took Elizabeth to Ms. Wan's Kindergarten class on Monday and by the end of our short time with her, our questions were answered and Elizabeth seemed very at ease in the room. She had a couple friends from her Pre-K class joining her this year and our next door neighbor's daughter Sophia also ended up in her class. With 11 Kindergarten classes, that wasn't likely to happen!Emily checks out her new classroom
First Day of School for Elizabeth and Emily
The Dean Darlings Are All At SAS This Year!
Elizabeth's First Day of Kindergarten with Ms. Wan
Dropping off Emily at Pre-K
Excited to see my girls at the end of the day!
So, another school year has begun and so far it's looking good in the Dean home. I didn't miss the early alarm and I'm still adjusting to eating breakfast by myself but as long as the girls all love school, I'll manage just fine. All Smiles in Pre-K!
Elizabeth and her friend Katie on the first day of Kindergarten



No comments:
Post a Comment