This week the student returned to the class to share her work and Ms. Kaye sent me a picture of the artist and her subject with the painting she had created. The high school art class will sell their work at an art auction in December with the proceeds benefitting Caring for Cambodia. After seeing the painting, I told Brian that it looks like we'll be attending our first art auction soon!
Needless to say, Elizabeth found it exciting to be the subject of a painting and I hope we're able to hang it on our wall in the near future. Megan and I stopped in the art room yesterday to take a peek and she was in awe of how someone could paint her sister so well, especially her hair. :) This unexpected surprise highlighted a positive aspect of having a wide range of ages on the school campus. Now let's hope it doesn't cost us a small fortune to own the painting!

No comments:
Post a Comment