We loaded up the car, hooked up the portable DVD player, stocked the snack bag and set off mid-morning. Along the way, I admired the beauty of pastures filled with cows and horses while driving near the Texas-Oklahoma border. After living on a tiny island packed with high-rise buildings, I relished the natural surroundings and big sky. To complement the scenery, Brian discovered a great country music station outside Oklahoma City playing classic tunes and we made a stop at Sonic for lunch along the way. I finally got my burger and tator tot fix!
We'll spend tomorrow in Tulsa with family and then drive 5 hours to Hideaway Lake in East Texas for the July 4th weekend. I hope we have beautiful weather for the next leg of the trip and that we can stop in a small town along the way to enjoy the atmosphere. I suggested to Brian that after living in Singapore, we need to take our children camping when we return to Texas. I'll definitely be ready for more road trips.
The Beauty of Wide Open Spaces
No comments:
Post a Comment