Megan turned 7 last week and we enjoyed celebrating her special day. On Wednesday I brought some of Megan's favorite foods to school and ate lunch with the birthday girl. Later in the day Megan's class sang to her and enjoyed vanilla cupcakes with pink icing and sprinkles made by the Dean bakery.In keeping with tradition, Megan chose her birthday dinner. Of all the restaurants near us, Megan wanted to dine at Hooter's. When I asked her why she chose that place, she replied, "Because the girls are so nice and pretty. I like their shirts and shorts and how I can see their belly buttons." How could I argue with that logic? She'll be horrified in 10 years when we remind her of this decision. Anyway, we had a fun dinner there with the all the pretty girls :)
Megan was excited to receive gifts from near and far. We gave her roller skates and Elizabeth gave her several water toys, including snorkel gear. Maybe Megan will get enough practice snorkeling in the pool that she can check out the Great Barrier Reef in a couple months. Megan was also delighted to receive clothes, accessories and toys from faraway family. Thanks for sending goodies across the ocean!
Callie, Avery, Lane, Megan, Emma and Jordyn



No comments:
Post a Comment