I recall predicting in an earlier blog that I would trade paint with a structure at some point in Singapore and it looks like it happened sooner than later. And no surprise that it happened on the left side of the car since I obviously still haven't become entirely comfortable with the right-hand drive position. If you could see the narrow garage passages and multitude of tiny parking spaces with concrete posts on either side that I come across every day, you would understand. Unfortunately I opted to damage the car at a friend's house instead!I went over to Suzy's house for lunch Monday and as I was attempting to squeeze into her driveway, I scraped the back left wheel well along her concrete gate post. It's not pretty. I'll get it fixed at some point but I'm procrastinating on calling the rental company. I don't want the car in the shop while Brian's parents are visiting so we'll live with the ugliness for now.
Brian's been a good sport about it. He didn't even comment on it when he finally saw it. Smart man! Maybe he's thinking what I'm thinking: "If this is the worst thing that happens to the rental, we're doing okay."
No comments:
Post a Comment