Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cold Front?

After weeks of sweltering heat, we finally got a little break today and took full advantage of it. I woke up to rain this morning and wondered if it would ruin my plans to go to the zoo with our playgroup. Thankfully it cleared up just as Karen and I loaded the car to head north. We met our friend Brooke and her son Jesper at the kids water park and watched the little ones get soaked to their hearts' content. I never needed to cool off because we had a nice breeze the entire time with a little bit of cloud cover that made it the nicest weather I've had at the zoo so far. We treated the kids to Ben & Jerry's after lunch and headed home for nap time. Emily was running a little fever by lunchtime so I hope it's just teeth and nothing more serious.

After Megan got home from school, Brian left work early and we took Megan and Elizabeth out to East Coast Park to ride bikes (we let Emily take a long nap at home). It was my first time to ride at the park and it's a great place for it. Most of the path is shaded by trees and you can ride right next to the beach the entire time. We rode bikes for over an hour, ate dinner out and treated the girls to ice cream. Elizabeth hit the dessert jackpot today! I just couldn't get over the perfect weather. It probably was only a couple degrees cooler than usual but it felt great. And I'm happy we were able to enjoy it as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment