Friday, December 12, 2008

Driving….Oh My!

I was given a new Camry while awaiting my larger Picnic. It is good to have the smaller car to start I realize! Take diving on other side of the road, on the other side of the car, in skinny lanes with too many cars and motorcycles weaving in and out, you have quite the adventure! As my buddy Mustafa said “Dorothy definitely ain’t in Kansas anymore!”

Right now driving requires my full-time, undivided attention. No playing with the radio, reading the map, etc. Just driving! Not very enjoyable to say the least. I realized once you drive for 20 years or so, you drive mostly with peripheral vision. Your eyes pick up when you are not in the center of the lane even when you are not looking directly at the road and you realize when something enters your mirrors. When sitting on the other side of the car and having the rearview mirror on your left, I am always feeling like something is wrong. I look down at something and when I look up 2 seconds later I have drifted left onto the line.

I am getting better though. Today, my 2nd day to drive, I did not hit the wipers instead of the blinkers even once. I still try to take my seatbelt off with the wrong hand though. Every time.

Mary and I have talked about getting a Honda Odyssey minivan. Here they also have an Odyssey, but it is a wagon instead of a minivan. Seems strange they would keep the same name but put it on a different model. “What are the latest sales numbers for the Odyssey? Which Odyssey, the van one or the car one?” My Camry looks like a regular Camry so here is a pict of the Honda:

Will post the Picnic when I get it. The offered me Purple initially, I hope they receive some new colors this month.

I have official offers on 2 apartments now. Supposed to hear from my 1st choice on Sat when the owner returns to town. It is time to get something, I am getting tired of looking plus our stuff will show up in the next week or so.




This is a pict of The Residences at Evelyn. Only about 2 years old, has 2250 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, small study, combined living/dining room plus a small 2nd living area (i.e. wide hall) the kids can use to keep toys.

















This is Chelsea Gardens. Good location, 4 beds, nice pool but right under 2000 sq ft. Less sq ft from smaller living and does not have a large storage closet like Evelyn. Not sure where we would store suitcases, etc.














Am off to the Christmas music program at the American School tonight so get to do a little highway night driving! Should be fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment