This week I had the unusual experience of having Emily at school while the older girls were still on holiday break. It added a new twist to our routine and everyone seemed pleased with it, including the school girl!
Each morning, Emily's big sisters wanted to escort her to the bus and once Emily was on her way to school, I would share whatever plans I had made for them for that day.
Tuesday morning they accompanied me to the wet market because ever since Elizabeth's school trip, she has wanted to visit the market again. I spent way more money than usual at the fruit stand since they were having so much fun sampling everything in sight. They thought the frogs were cute until they learned that people don't buy them for pets. We played at West Coast park and met friends for lunch afterwards and after a couple weeks of being away, I relished some adult conversation with fellow moms.
Wednesday I took Megan and Elizabeth back to our old condo complex to swim with friends and that was fun for all of us. I enjoyed seeing our neighbor friends and catching up on everyone's holiday adventures. I like our new unit better than ours at River Place but I still prefer that beautiful pool and our social life there.
Thursday morning we rode the MRT to a mall we had never visited to watch the Yogi Bear movie with friends. Our new location makes it a little easier to ride the subway and I felt quite metropolitan using public transportation rather than driving. With only two children to account for, train travel felt easier than usual but arriving home almost an hour after the movie ended reminded me that driving would have undoubtedly been quicker.
On Friday I treated Megan and Elizabeth to manicure/pedicures at the nail salon. It was a rare splurge for them and Elizabeth liked how they cleaned her feet and applied lotion to make her legs smooth. After our nails looked pretty, we had a lunch date with Daddy before inviting school friends over for play dates.
Meanwhile, Emily arrived home each day from school eager to chat about her morning and she seemed to relish being the only one who could talk about her school day at dinner each night. I think Emily felt like the big girl going to school and just to make sure she didn't feel too left out, I took all three girls to see Rapunzel: A Tangled Tale today (yes, the movie title is more descriptive here).
After three weeks of school vacation, SAS starts Monday and it will be awhile before I get to spend weekday mornings with the girls again. I enjoyed my time with Megan and Elizabeth because it's been a few years since it's been just us three and it was a nice change of pace.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment